In a media campaign for a Sacramento-based, midsized law firm, we helped the firm achieve several visibility goals — generating 296 placements and penetrating 85 percent of targeted publications.
This campaign earned Blattel Communications several PR/marketing and legal marketing-specific awards.
In developing a year-long public relations campaign for a Sacramento-based law firm, the firm’s marketing department and Blattel Communications worked together to create and implement a strategic campaign with the following primary goals:
- Build name recognition for the firm throughout Northern California markets, concentrating in the greater Sacramento region, to position the firm as a leader in the legal industry.
- Position the firm as a successful organization experiencing high growth and expansion even during a low point in the economic cycle.
- Position the firm’s intellectual property (IP) attorneys and construction/real estate attorneys as industry leaders – in Sacramento, the Bay Area, and for the IP group, statewide.
Target audiences for the campaign were determined through individual attorney and group interviews and included:
- Referring attorneys in the California legal community
- Key decision-makers with the power to hire the firm – specifically, C-level executives
- General counsel
- Individual industry leaders in the IP and construction/real estate arenas
Press materials featured key messages to reinforce the positioning goals and a solid mix of PR tools was used to carry out the campaign. These included:
- Publicizing the high number of new hires to emphasize the growth of the firm
- Targeted, proactive story pitching to showcase unique work the attorneys were doing
- Placement of byline articles and opinion pieces that positioned the attorneys as experts in their fields
- Personal and professional attorney profiles placed in key publications
- Positioning attorneys as third-party sources for commentary and perspective on current news and trends
- Publicizing significant litigation – specifically, the pro bono efforts of two IP attorneys on behalf of an individual sued by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA)
Results and Measurement
The campaign was an unqualified success, yielding 296 placements and penetrating 85 percent of targeted publications, as well as several others. Highlights include:
- The construction/real estate practice was showcased in three features in three separate publications that stemmed from a single pitch
- The IP attorneys became sought-after as prominent industry experts, illustrated by the voluminous RIAA-related coverage
- Participating attorneys were thrilled with the results and leveraged to significantly grow their practices over the course of the year.
Wild 2023 in Media May Be Just the Opening Act for Greater Disruption: 2024 Media Trends to Watch for Professional Services Firms
The media landscape continues to shift, and 2023 was certainly an eventful year. Layoffs abounded based not just on the… Read More
LMA WEBINAR – The Dilemma of Law Firms: To Speak or Stay Silent?
On February 13, 2024, Blattel Communications’ President Traci Stuart will participate in the Legal Marketing Association webinar “The Dilemma of… Read More
Let’s Get to Thread-ing? Eh, Maybe Not
Let’s Get to Threading? Eh, Maybe Not Remember all the excitement when Threads was launched? Meta, the platform’s parent company,… Read More